Monday, April 16, 2012

A Soft Landing

One of the highlights of my trip to the Maldives last year...apart from the amazing fact that I was in the Maldives, was that I would get to fly in a seaplane.


Small but sturdy (I hoped)

For me, it conjures up such exciting associations, primarily with a particular British spy who flies them, beats baddies up in them and then blows them up. Seaplanes are to me are as glamorous as pink champagne and ordering room service. Makes me feel really chi chi.


Footless pilot doubled up as the porter. Multi skilled. I was reassured.
 

And of course, what a priveling to travel by seaplane in the Maldives, which where these atolls look their best, hundreds of feet up in the air. Hope you enjoy these pics as much as I enjoyed the flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment